Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jet Lag?


I've only flown for a trip once before and it was scary but pleasant. This trip however, has been the opposite!

Tulsa to Chicago, Chicago to Newark, Newark to Brussels (getting to Newark 10 minutes before actual take-off), Brussels to Delhi (Euro's hurt!), and ultimately Delhi to Here (Delhi voted in top 3 hardest airports to sleep in and an 11 hour layover there).

The good thing is that we landed safely again, and our friends here are very gracious and speak very good english. Aside from Roger trying to give money to men who demanded he tip them for absolutely nothing at the airport, it was a very easy process. The men were very pushy and considering we had a party of 10 show up to greet us and we knew none of them, it was hard to distinguish our men from the pushy and greedy.

We met with some of the pastors from around here and other nearby countries, tonight or last night or whatever it is right now, and enjoyed a very spicy dinner with them. We begin our 2 day Spiritual Awakening Conference tomorrow, and then we'll travel further north to the border to repeat the Conference later in the week. I am speaking to the leaders and pastors tomorrow over the "Biblical Model for Family" which is important considering most of the believers here are 1st generation believers and will contend with a family of Buddhists. When I have more time I will share Pastor B's testimony about exactly that!

As for now, time to attempt more sleep I guess. I laid in bed for hours and felt as though gravity was pushing me into the bed like the airplane pushed me into the seat during take-offs. I can't seem to shake that feeling and can't sleep. It is 4:30am here and I guess it is only afternoon/evening at home so I must still be accustomed to that time and sleeping is not working. Pray for us as we endeavor into new things that God has set before us and only He can help us to accomplish. Check back for more updates as the week progresses.

3 comments:

  1. this is a new blog and as such no precedent has been set for commenting, feel free to drop a comment and begin discussion here. it is exciting to have feedback and conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing that just two days ago you were right here in our little town...and now...you are on the other side of the world. God is good...all the time! We have your (and the others) back...lifting you high! I'm excited to see what God has planned for your group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, I am so excited for you and the things your team is doing. Stay safe & I'm praying for peaceful rest for you. love you, mom

    ReplyDelete